Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dark Minds

Yes, this is really what goes on in my head...

Dark minds

Dark minds conspire against me
They seek to have me believe that I am not worthy of love
They seek to discredit anyone I am interested in
They seek to keep me alone, removed from possibility
It’s for your own good
You can do better

The darkest mind is mine alone
I am too old, to fat, to odd
Who would want to go out with me
Who would want to be with me
I will not be made a fool
I will not make the first move

A look, a glance, a smile, a joke
Tendrils of possibility enter this dark mind
And are immediately extinguished
Nothing will be allowed to take root here
This land is barren
Devoid
Bereft

The thoughts sweep the tendrils away
A guy would only ask you out if he lost a bet
Or was trying to win a bet
Or wanted to embarrass you
Like a bad sitcom, a guy would ask you over
To serve drinks at his party
Or to talk about a new girlfriend
Or to get information

No one is interested in you
No one wants you

And yet, there are still these tendrils of possibility
That the dark minds must destroy

No comments:

Post a Comment