Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Mind is an Axe

This is one of my favorites - Lori

My mind is an
Axe-
Makes decisions
Without regard to feelings
Severs ties
Divines truth
When no one wants to see
Swift
Final
Silent
Judge Jury Executioner
Mind seeks to protect
Remove feelings
Cut away deadwood
Stay sharp
Stay focused
Mind does what it
Has to do
To PROTECT

The axe is my symbol
My job is to protect
To protect myself
I will sever ties
I will cut off feelings
I will make quick judgments
I will remove deadwood
I will eliminate clutter
And pain and
Confusion
And doubt
My mind is my axe

I will wield it
To defend
To attack when attacked
To protect
To hurt when hurt
Shining
Slicing
Swinging
Gleaming
Bright and defiant

I cannot be hurt
anymore
I will not be hurt
Anymore
I can hurt
I will hurt

I will go on
The offensive
I will go on the
Attack
I will be swifter
In making judgments
In divining truth
In severing ties
In cutting off feelings

I will own the
Axe
I will NEVER let
My guard down
AGAIN.

Copyright. Lori Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment