Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cooking For One

"Cooking for One" is the name of my future cooking show and cookbook.  It will feature dishes such as:

Frank and Bean
Creamed Pea
Mashed Potato

As well as other dishes, such as:
The Angry Italian
Male Chauvanist PIG in a Blanket

But that's another blog...

I did manage to write an introduction:


Cooking For One

I catch myself crying at unexpected times
Looking through old recipes
Passing ones I pulled because I thought you would like them.

I really thought I could make you stay
If I cooked the right food

I don't feel like cooking anymore
I don't have the energy
Though I should feel like cooking for myself

No one to cook for
What's the point
I can always just eat food out of a bag

I ate four bowls of cereal today
But I'm still hungry
I need nourishment

Which is why I was looking through old recipes
And thinking of the good times I had cooking for you

And now I'm cooking for one
BUT I'M NOT BITTER.


Copyright 2007. Lori Dominick



No comments:

Post a Comment