Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Dangerous Game


A Dangerous Game

 I’m playing a dangerous game
Walking a thin line
Between infatuation and attraction
Bordering on psychotic
I could reel you in
I can feel it
It wouldn’t be hard
But it would be wrong
Taking advantage of a friend
Because I am tired of being alone
I extend an invitation and wait for you to accept
(I know you will)
I plot my next move
While pretending I’m not interested if you accept or not
Safer this way
Make it your idea
Make you make the first move
That way I don’t get hurt
If nothing happens, I’ve lost nothing
You are oblivious
We’re still friends
I’m still alone
This game I can play
I play it well
I’ve played it before
It’s what I know
But I can’t play it with you
You are at a disadvantage
You are not even aware that we are playing
A dangerous game

Copyright 2007. Lori Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment