Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Attending a Concert Alone


Attending a Concert Alone
And I miss you
And I sit here and wish you were here
As I look at other couples
Other old couples
Other happy couples
I look around, but you are not here
But I think you would enjoy this concert
I am so tired
Maybe I will sleep well tonight.
Thursdays are usually so stressful for me.


Copyright January, 2007. Lori Dominick



Things did not work out- though he did move back in for a few months before he realized that he was still unhappy.  He moved out again, and now it is my task to sort through the clutter and pack up “my things”.  I have been dreading cleaning out my study, where I pay the bills, and where all of the important papers are.  Even though I know it’s over, I can’t help but asking what if?  What if I had done something sooner?  Could I have prevented this?  I tell myself that I can’t keep playing this game.  There is no point to playing “what if”. 


No comments:

Post a Comment