Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Trio

I’m sad

I rock back and forth
And console myself

I can’t get through this

I meant to write “I can get through this”
Sub-conscious?

It will be OK
Shhhh shhhh
It will be OK

The Cats

The cats know something is wrong.
They want to be near me all of the time.
Your cat listens and watches for you
And sighs
My cat stays near and asks for love
But they both jump at odd noises
I think they are looking for you
I am too.

Plea for help

If there is a God or a
Creator or a Good Force
In this world –

I wish they would put their arms or wings or whatever around me.
And surround me in security
And safety
And help me build up my defenses
And make me strong
And stop this hurting in my heart

Copyright 2006. Lori Dominick

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Lori - the power and depth of raw emotion you're sharing in these writings is simply beautiful. Your heart is beautiful, and strong like a lioness. Thank you ~~

    ReplyDelete